Ep 23: What Advice Do You Have for Talking to Investors?
What advice do you have for raising money and talking to investors? I get asked this question or a variation quite often from first-time founders seeking to raise money by selling part of their company (i.e. selling equity). In this episode, I highlight the shows that talk about approaching and networking with investors.
- Ep 22 Jon Showers – second act; and fundraising in 30-days.
- Ep 14 Brian Mac Mahon – using an accelerator for funding and building your business
- Ep 09 Rand Fishkin – author of Lost and Founder, a brutally honest story of the startup journey
- Ep 20 Bill Waldo – angel investor and startup advisor
- Ep05 David Friedman – president of Tech Coast angels.
I also cover cap (capitalization tables); investor speak; pre-seed and seed; business control; ownership.
About the Host:
Philip Topham is The Savvy Founder. Philip has an inquisitive mind and passion for ideas. He’s impatient to see tomorrow’s future today. He focuses on helping technical founders unlock their pragmatic dreamer and develop their business skills and social capital. With more than 25 years across start-ups and corporate roles, Philip has been everything from janitor to the Founder and Chief Everything Officer.
Words of Wisdom
- Ideas are worthless; revenues are priceless; surround yourself with smart people.
- Life is a journey – mole hills or mountains? it’s your choice.
Connect with Philip at:
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/philiptopham
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/thesavvyfounder
Website – https://philiptopham.com
Free resources: 10 Most Fixable Pitch Deck Mistakes @ https://www.thesavvyfounder.com
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Follow the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts or on your favorite podcast app.
Leave us a review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review.